Monday 3 May 2010

Jayant Patel of the Automotive Industry?


My car wouldn't start this morning. I tried a few times to kick it over, wondering if it was just the cold weather, but all I could get out of it was a wheezy wrrrrr... wrrr... wrr.

So I rang work to let them know I'd be late, and Sue put me onto the workshop manager who offered to come out and jumpstart the car. Yah! He'd also been out this morning to jumpstart a truck, so mine wasn't the only one having issues with the sudden cold snap. He was out here 10 minutes later and I had Jemima at school just on 9am. Paul told me to leave the car in the work yard and he'd test the battery for me.

He came in at lunchtime and told me that the battery was almost empty, so he'd filled it up for me and to see if how that worked tomorrow morning. He also mentioned that he'd knocked part of the battery cap into the engine so had reached down to get it...... and found this!



W!T!F!

Seems at the last service, someone had left an oil filter wrench in my engine! How the hell can you lose something that size in an engine as small as mine! And as if you wouldn't have heard it! I've just been very lucky that it was obviously wedged tightly somewhere and hasn't put a hole in my radiator or worse!

Car is going in for a service on Thursday, and a "please explain!" As the mechanic we use is usually meticulous and has always done great work, I am wondering if this was the work of the apprentice that they had to 'let go' over six months ago.

No comments: