Monday 10 May 2010

Happy Birthday Mim!

Mim turned six today!



Certainly doesn't feel like only six years ago that there was life without her. She is such a vibrant personality, it feels like she's always been there, getting into mischief and talking her way out of anything.



After school, Margaret and Jemima had a 'coffee' at the Milkbar whilst I finished work. I gave Mim $20 to buy Margaret a coffee and some afternoon tea, so she was happy as Larry! Michael picked them up and took them home and I got home shortly after. I'd made Arni Lemonato in my new slow cooker, that was enjoyed for dinner, followed by a birthday cake whipped up at the last minute.



On Saturday afternoon, she had a small party down at the playground. The weather held out for us, only starting to rain once the last child had left. The kids had a great time playing, including creating a large dam in the sand pit. I think they were playing Mining, Jordy and Mim were the CEOs and oversaw the operations.





Instead of baking a large birthday cake and having to transport it down there, and take a knife to cut it, and transport it back, I got smart this year and did individual cupcakes with a chocolate ganache icing. Most of the kids liked them (except the one child that flicked the icing onto the ground and ate only the cake part).




Mim loves being six, she's such a big girl now!

No comments: