Monday 11 May 2009

Over 48 hrs of BIRTHDAY excitement

The birthday weekend started on Friday. Not Friday afternoon when Tom's party (another Kindy kid) was scheduled, but on Friday morning when I had to endure hours of 'how long until Tom's party?'

Luckily, Friday afternoon rolled around quickly enough and Mim was able to get dressed for the party. I dropped her off at the allotted time and hardly saw the back of her for dust. She was off and playing with the other kids, eating chocolate cake, chocolate biscuits and chips. When I picked her up, she was high on sugar, luckily it was to the pub for dinner where she could work off the sugar running around the bar (scabbing jellybeans off Mr Kaine). And Ebony was staying the night, so Mim was functioning on adrenaline and sugar. By 9pm, she'd crashed and burned and was asleep.



But she was in Ebony's bed bright and early the next morning, waiting for her party. I picked up the cake in Casterton at 8am and came back to collect the big girls to prepare the playground. The weather was not smiling nicely at us, little squalls of fairy rain kept coming over, but that didn't affect the kids playing on the playground.



Mim had seven kids join her, she played hostess for each arrival, getting off the playground, welcoming them and thanking them for the gift. The kids were very well behaved, apart from one incident with one particular child pushing another over. Michael went into full teacher mode, it was funny watching the other kids' eyes go wide and watch them take two steps away from the naughty child as if to say "we don't know him". Naughty child burst into tears and was sent into time out, but by the end of the party, was Michael's new best friend.



I'd only organised one activity, Pass the Parcel, for the kids as I figured they'd be happiest on the swings and playground facility - and they were. We had a short intermission for eating the food and cake (it's very difficult to light candles in a strong breeze) and then the kids were back playing.


I think it was a successful party, I know Mim really enjoyed herself which was the main thing. In the afternoon, we drove Ebony back into Hamilton and then went shopping. Mim was exhausted by the time we got home, but still very excited that tomorrow she would be 5.

(who do we know that folds his arms like that!) (oh, it must be genetic!)

I was woken at 4am Sunday morning by Michael telling me that Mim was calling me. I staggered into her room to hear "I threw up!" And she had. Neatly onto her sheets, luckily missing the floor. That was cleaned up (by me) whilst Michael changed Mim and took her into our bed. She was awake again by 7, she rolled over and said to me "I'm five now, I can go to school". She was rather disappointed to realise that she'd still have to wait another six months before she could start prep. She wants to grow up so fast, so she can be as old as Caitlin NOW!

We did presents about 9.30, which was about the time we could drag our tired backsides out of bed. Mim loved her undies, her bras, her polly pockets, her Wii games, her wheelbarrow and gardening kit.. and especially the stool that Caitlin had made for her at school.



For dinner, Mim had requested arni lemonata lamb shanks, so that's what she got. And boy, they were yummy! She went to bed about 9pm, a very happy little girl.

So Happy Birthday our beautiful little five year old.

2 comments:

KT said...

What about the game Ebby and I made. That went pretty well.

KT said...

I thought the stool was great.