Friday 29 June 2007

Happy Birthday Michael

It was Michael's birthday today - the big 44. We'd invited the parents over for dinner - but that was cancelled first thing this morning as neither of us are very well at the moment. I can't shake this cough and now I'm aching all over. Michael's been couch potatoing most of the week.

I got the girls to help me bake a cake. Mim had already decided earlier this week that we would make a chocolate mud cake "cos that's Daddy's favourite" (bit of projection going on). They did very well - Caitlin did some measuring, cracking eggs, sifting and stirring the melted chocolate. Mim also tried with the sifting and stirring - and then quite happily cut a piece of baking paper into minuscule pieces with a small pair of scissors whilst Caitlin and I finished the cake off.


It was successful. A two tier chocolate mudcake with blackberry/blueberry jam and organic cream in between, with a chocolate ganache icing. It's very rich!!! Mim couldn't finish her piece (despite taking a break/dump to 'make some room') and Caitlin didn't ask for seconds.

So, happy birthday Michael - hope you enjoy your salt n pepper shakers. (I 'got' the kitchen reno for my birthday, so Michael 'got' his large order of Peter, Paul and Mary CDs a few weeks ago).

1 comment:

Carla said...

Happy Birthday Michael you old fart.... that cake looks fantastic girls - well done.