Saturday 2 June 2007

Day of Horrors

Yesterday was my "Friday the 13th" .... without it actually being the 13th! But it was a full moon!

It started with the cat. I'd made an appointment for Morticia to have her annual injection at the vet, so had to keep her in overnight to make sure that she'd be around at 9am. By 3am, she wanted to go outside, but of course I wouldn't let her. So she went through her usual tactics of "let's see how pissed off I can get Sharon before she'll let me out".

First was the walking over the bed and bedside table. When that didn't elicit the desired response, she started with the scratching of the lounge. That just made the dog race down the hallway to 'play' with her. After that, she tried the 'play with the plastic bag under the bed' trick, then she and the dog would race down the (wooden) hallway, through the kitchen and back up the hallway and either fly across the top of the bed or underneath to repeat the process. Ever heard how loud a small dog and cat can be on wood at 3am!! Like a bloody elephant!

We made it through to daybreak with very little sleep. I put the dog's collar and leash on the cat and took her outside to relieve her bladder, but she was too busy growling at the collar to do so.

Then was the difficulty of transporting the cat to the vets, dropping Caitlin at school on the way. I'd borrowed Mum's car so we didn't have to rely on Margaret. Morticia, at this stage, was looking for every opportunity to escape. I left her in the downstairs room, with Caitlin as guard, while I got Mim strapped into the baby seat. When I returned to get Tish, Caitlin said she'd run upstairs. I go upstairs to find that Michael had left the back door open so the dog could let himself out, rather than putting him out and locking the door. The cat was nowhere to be seen. Naturally I had a freak out and Michael and I had a 'cat fight' about it.

So, I rang the vet and let them know Tish had escaped whilst Michael burned rubber on his way up to school. I was running late dropping Caitlin off and then, as I was leaving the school, an idiot in a red Forrester decided that it'd be a good idea to go from zero to sixty backing out of her driveway, without even looking. Mum, you'll be glad to know that the brakes work really well on your car. But of course, it must have been my fault, because she proceeded to tailgate me and flip me the finger. what the ..!!!! (Really stupid move when I know where she lives!!! - any suggestions Geoff? Terrence?)

By a stroke of luck, when I got home I found Tish in the neighbour's yard - so she was quickly taken to the vet and had a thermometer shoved up her derrière as punishment.

Carla rang, so Mim and I went over and had a crafty playdate with Charli. It was funny to see the girls together - Mim trying to order her around and Charli ignoring Mim! Carls, you'll have to blog a video of Charlotte playing touch footie - the "Touchdown" is a hoot!

So with sanity restored, went home and had a reasonably uneventful afternoon. Until I stood on the staple. No, not a small paper staple - no, this is the type of staple that staples masonry to wooden floors. And I managed to push it a fair way into my heel. I think Mim might have learnt a few new words. I'm still limping around with a throbbing heel.

So, hopefully, that's the only run of bad luck I'll have for a little while ....

Anyway, here's a picture of a certain young lady who has a penchant for climbing into cupboards. She managed to push my large gymball up the stairs and into the kitchen, where I caught her sitting on it, bouncing, whilst eating the dried pineapple pieces.

No comments: