Sunday 14 February 2010

The New Ballet Dress

Mim loves her new ballet dress. She thinks she is a prima ballerina or a contestant on So You Think You Can Dance!



And look at the length of her legs!



We couldn't get Mim back in the dance school she attended last year. It's just not physically possible (even if I wasn't working) to pick her up from school at 3.20 and have her at dance class in Hamilton by 3.45. Luckily, the other dance school has a Saturday class so we've booked her into that. I called the original school and let them know that she wouldn't be continuing because of the logistics. Two weeks later I got a call from the same woman, asking if Mim was going to be doing classes this year. I had to explain that I'd already let them know she couldn't because we lived/schooled/worked in Coleraine and it was just not physically possible. "Oh, that's a pity, Jemima showed a lot of potential, " was her remark. "oh, don't worry, the other dance school runs a Saturday class, so I've booked her in there. I think it's important that she keeps doing ballet" was my reply. She sounded very put out at that. But her company does not cater for anybody that lives outside of Hamilton so hopefully she'll take that on board when organising classes in future.

Mim also wants to do gymnastics, but classes are in Hamilton at 4pm, again not a possibility at this stage.

No comments: