Monday 9 November 2009

More Mim Moments

When I was putting Mim to bed, she asked about Tyler's cat Purr, who had just kittens. She then wanted to know if Morticia would have kittens. "No, she's been desexed".
"Can Jess and Sarah have puppies?"
"Yes, they haven't been desexed"
"Is desexed were the vet opens their heart and puts the puppies in?"
"No, desexed is were the vet opens their tummies and ties some things up so they can't have puppies"
"So babies grow in your tummy?"
"Yes they do"
"They start in your heart, and move down to your tummy."
I can't refute that statement.


Mim and I were discussing babies again, as she is excited about the imminent (well, 6 weeks away) arrival of her new cousin. She pointed to her tummy and said, "are my babies in here?"
"Um, not yet, but they will be.... when you are my age"
"Does it hurt to have a baby"
"Yes, but you won't remember the pain"
Mim started looking worried, "but what if I don't want to have a baby"
"Then you don't have to have one"
"But if I have a baby, and I don't want it, can I sell it?"
"ummmmmmmmm....NO!" Where do you go to after that!


I was putting away some a silky dressing gown when Mim asked if that was what I wore in the photo near Michael's side of the bed. It was a professional photo taken at a studio when Caitlin was a baby. I told Mim about having special photos taken when Caitlin was only six months old. "Were you the Next Top Model?" she asked. I don't bloody think so!!!!


On the way home after the ballet concert, Mim asked
"does it hurt when your tongue gets pissed?"
"???.....oh, pierced! Yes, it does hurt."
"Does it hurt when your nose gets pissed?"
"Everything hurts when it gets piss...pierced!"


Conversation from the back seat of the car between Mim and her kindy mate, Mason:
Mason: "I know who you're going to marry.... Oscar"
Mim: "Yep, 'cos he's my boyfriend"
Mason: "Gypsy's going to marry me"
Mim: "No! Portia's going to marry you. Gypsy's not the right girl for you!"
Mason: "Gypsy and I are friends now, but if I don't want to be friends with her anymore, I just have to say 'You're dumped' and then we're no longer friends"

No comments: